Elocution & Effective Communication
Everyone has to communicate in their daily lives, whether at work, with friends or with family, and yet so many people feel less than confident in their communications.
Some common areas where LSW can help:
- Presentation skills
- A lack of confidence when speaking
- Mumbling & lack of clarity
- Monotone voice
- Interview technique
- Engaging the listener
- Softening of regional accents
- How to best use your voice and words to achieve your communication goals
- What your default bad habits are and how to avoid them
- To accurately pronounce all sounds as and when you like
- How to use your body and facial expression to create engagement and receptivity
- How to avoid common vocal issues such as speaking too quickly or quietly or mumbling
- Clarity, tonality and use of pausing and emphasis
- Every session is tailored to suit each individual, so that you get exactly what you need each time.
- By the end of the first session, when you watch back your progress on film, you will see a dramatic difference in your communication.
- Commonly clients require between five to ten sessions to cover both sounds and techniques.
- Classes are held in our office in Kings Cross, but it is possible to arrange for classes at your work for an additional fee
- Each class uses film and/or recording so you can see your shifts in each lesson
- Evening and weekend slots are available
- Classes come with handouts and LSW materials
The techniques we teach you are incredibly intuitive. They are the things we do automatically when we are in our ‘zone’, and yet they go out the window when stress or nerves get in the way. With the LSW techniques you will learn how to communicate at your best, no matter what the situation.
LSW Elocution and Effective Communication
At LSW we have developed unique methods to help you with softening a regional accent and increasing confidence as a communicator, in interviews, presentations, and daily life. You will learn techniques on how to best use your voice and words to achieve your communication goals, as well as learn about non-verbal communication.
LSW Elocution and Presentation Skills
LSW presentation skills includes verbal and nonverbal communication, and uses filming to give you feedback on the impression you are giving through your voice, use of words and body language. This means you are directly aware of your default communication position, and how to change it.
“Using Emma’s advice, I realised how to make my presentations much more powerful. I made an important client presentation a success, resulting in the client’s proposal to engage me again.”
V.K. MBA graduate.
About our Method
We appreciate that good communication is about making a connection with people in a way that makes them want to hear more. All sorts of things impact on this, from a person’s motivation, to their body language, to pronunciation and intonation. Using our expertise in communication, psychology, coaching and performance techniques, we have developed simple and effective exercises to help you make full impact as a communicator.
“I could never thank Emma enough for the changes that have occurred within myself due to her coaching. It has found my confidence grow exponentially since and I now face social situations and meetings with greater ease and comfort. I wish that I had enrolled many years ago as I have never felt more confident or self-assured.” S. Smith, Headmaster. London
You will learn:
“I’ve just completed two hours of private classes with LSW. It’s both time and money extremely well spent and a very highly recommended experience.”
Christopher, Investment Banker, Goldman Sachs
Which course is right for me?
If you simply want to brush up on your communication skills, and learn some techniques for more confident speech that you are happy to practice in your own life, then three to five sessions will suit you well.
If communication in some contexts feels like its really holding you back then going for the deluxe package is probably a good idea. This gives you time to get to grips with the techniques, and move to the third stage of learning, unconscious competence.
Taster session – £70
Individual session – £85
Three session Basic – £235
Five Session Essential – £375
Ten session deluxe – £720
What to do next?
The best thing you can do is come in for a taster session so you can get a feel of our approach and see if its right for you. After your taster, if you enjoyed the session (and most people do) we discuss creating a program based around your exact needs.
To have a chat with us, tell us your goals, or to book a taster session please call 0207 278 0220. We will be delighted to speak with you.